counsellor northern beaches & north shore
Whilst graduating with a Masters Degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy I studied a somatic approach with Somatic Experience Trauma Institute of USA. The combination of the two has been invaluable in regulating a client's nervous system during therapy sessions.
I trained with the Australian Institute for Relationships Studies to broaden my understanding systemic practice for both couples and family. I continue studies in USA to advance my understanding of how early attachment and bonding patterns developed as infant's impact our adult relationships.
Therapeutic touch is a component of this training as it helps client's to tolerate their activations whilst being guided towards co-regulation with another. This is a vital piece which may have been missing in their early attachment history
- Meditation Facilitators Certificate
- Diploma of Applied Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Systemic Constellation Training
- Graduate Diploma of Counselling
- Master of Counselling and Applied Psychotherapy
- Somatic Experiencing Practitioner
- Graduate Diploma of Relationships Counselling
- EMDR & Brainspotting Training
- Therapeutic Touch
- Circle of Security Facilitator